I’m a Royal Engineer and I completed my trade training in the early 1990's. Can I transfer my military qualifications to up-to-date civilian qualifications?

RE CPD does not transfer military qualifications to civilian qualifications.  However, the RE CPD does offer the PRA scheme which offers professional recognition across a wide variety of commercial, industrial and professional fields.

I’ve been in the Royal Engineers for 10 years. What civilian qualifications are available for me to undertake via the RE CPD Team?

Depending on your current rank and role, you may be able to complete a civilian qualification of interest to you and claim back your course fees via the RE CPD Bursary Scheme.  More information can be found under the Bursary Scheme tab.

The RE CPD Professional Awards Scheme is a management award accredited by City and Guilds, which takes into account your Royal Engineers career to date and the qualifications that you have achieved.  There is no portfolio to complete and no lectures or classes to attend.  More information can be found under the Professional Recognition Award tab.

I applied for my GCGI Award via the RE CPD Professional Recognition Awards last week. How long will it take for my certificate to come through, should I be successful?

Should your application be successful, please allow up to six weeks from your application date for your certificate to reach you. If you have not heard anything after six weeks, please call the RE CPD Enquiries Line on 01634 822085 / 94661 2085.

I completed my initial trade training a few years ago, and have lost my certificate. How do I go about getting a new one?

Replacement certificates are only available for 1 years on completion of your course.

Please contact the RE CPD Team on 01634 822959 / 94661 2959, with details of the exact course you completed and when your certificate was issued. We will then be able to contact the relevant awarding body to ascertain whether they hold a copy of your certificate. If they do, we will require a payment of around £44 (via cheque) which the awarding body charges for replacement certificates. Cheque payable to REVETT or cash directly to RE-CPD

It is best practice to ensure that all certificates you receive, whether via the RE CPD Team or by other means, are kept in a secure place.