The Bursary Scheme
If you are serving as a Sergeant or above in the Royal Engineers or Queens Gurkha Engineers, and have at least two years of Army service remaining, then you’ve passed the first criterion and may be eligible to apply for up to £1000, per year, from our bursary scheme, for up to three years. Priority is given to applicants who are not qualified above Level 3 (for example, A Level, NVQ3 etc), and who have no professional body membership, other than the Institution of Royal Engineers.
Some of the usual requirements are:
- You must apply to RE CPD and gain approval for funding prior to the course/training start date.
- You make maximum use of any entitlement you may have to the Standard and Enhanced Learning Credits (SLC and ELC) before considering applying for a bursary from the RE CPD Team.
- You contribute 20% of the cost of your learning programme.
- Most of the learning will take place in your own time.
- Your learning programme will lead to higher qualifications or professional status.
- Your intended learning programme relates to your personal development plan.
- You register for the programme, pay the fees up front, apply for the bursary, and then claim the bursary once you can prove you have completed the whole programme or a recognisable stage of it.
- Applications are vetted, and the amount offered to you will depend on a number of factors. It is important to note, funding cannot be guaranteed..
If you want to know more about these scheme, please contact us on 01634 822085 or 94661 2085, where a member of our staff will be more than happy to assist.
Bursary Scheme and Professional Recognition Awards Applications
Please note that with immediate effect, all application forms and supporting documents for both the Bursary Scheme and the Professional Recognition Awards Scheme should be sent by Recorded Delivery or be sent electronically, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The intent is to avoid additional postage charges having to be paid by the charity!
Please feel free to download any of the following literature: